Saturday 25 January 2014

My life, my story

Travel blog:

Okay I'm not going to resist using a cliche, life's short!
Too often I have heard the excuses; 'I'll do it in a few years, or I don't have the money or my job won't allow me'.

It's a terrible thing in life to wait until you think you are one hundred percent certain. I have this feeling now that I don't think anyone is actually one hundred percent ready for what life has to throw at you. And now is as good a time as any! I'm a firm believer that fear is momentary but regret lasts a lifetime... If I don't take this year, or two or possibly a lifetime to travel then I would regret that I didn't take full advantage of the opportunities and privileges that I have. To explore all corners of this unique and fascinating world. I mean I could get hit by a bus tomorrow and miss it all (sorry, a bit dramatic but it gets my point across).

I am so desperate to experience the the food, the traditions and customs from all walks of life attempting to be as self sufficient as possible along the way (which I am sure will bring about many hilarious and memorable moments along the way for us and I'm sure you as well).
I aim to inspire individuals to mass exit the work force and galavanting around the globe...
But no, on a serious note I hope to share a recipe or two, travel routes off the beaten track, have the opportunity to look back on memories made, maybe even earn some cash along the way. But most importantly this blog will inform my folk back home that despite jumping off cliffs, running down hills after cheese, and may other crazy and probably on the verge of stupid adventures we can think of... I'M STILL ALIVE!

About me:

I'll keep this short and sweet.

But, seriously how does anybody write about themselves and their life and truly portray everything they want to get across? I guess you just have to stick around and I promise to inform with the aim of not sending any of the readers off to sleep.

For me the past year has been an amalgamation of many life events all pointing towards a nomadic lifestyle of traveling for a year or two.
  






I grew up in Perth, Western Australia but have always travelled; New Zealand, North America, Canada, Europe and South Africa. I am a qualified physiotherapist and teach aerial silks and trapeze (if you don't know what this is please look it up, sign up and never look back).

I graduated a year ago, moved out of home and worked for nine months before deciding that letting me know whether I could take the holidays I had asked for eight months prior, a week before I was scheduled to depart was not on. So I resigned and moved back home for logistical reasons in
September 2013! This was also in light of an upcoming surgery I had scheduled in late October 2013. The month and a half between resigning and my surgery I travelled to the Gold Coast (visiting grandparents) north Island of New Zealand (family reunions and weddings), trained at the national institute of Circus Australia in Melbourne and came home for a week to box, train aerials and train for the tough mudder (a 20km intense endurance, obstacle mud course). I knew I wouldn't be able to do any of these activities for up to six months following my surgery so I made the most of my week, which didn't look much different to when I was working full time; training 1-2 hours of vigorous exercise a day. I then heading off to trek to Base Camp of Mount Everest.



I got back the day of the tough mudder, the day before my best mates hens party and five days before my surgery... I was cutting it fine but all I was hoping was I didn't get sick.





Okay the surgery

I lost thirty five kilograms approximately five years ago and at twenty one had one point two kilograms of extra skin (approximately an A4 size sheet of paper) of excess skin on my lower abdomen. After significant contemplation I underwent an abdominoplasty by one of the top plastic surgeons in Australia at the age of 22 on the 30th of October 2013.

                                   
One day I believe I will share this story (maybe even while I'm travelling) but for now the recovery for this surgery may just limit me partaking in everything adventurous. But this won't limit me sharing the unedited embarrassing and hilarious moments of my travel companions. They are likely to make up for my lack of participation.

Currently:

For the past three weeks I have been traveling around Ireland and the UK. Tomorrow I will be heading home. This is essentially heading back to reality for three weeks and reminding me and I'm sure my boyfriend just how much we want to avoid the real world by travelling Australia, NZ, UK, Europe, South America (by motorbike), Canada and possibly North America. After this we may open a bakery in the east of France, or settle down and return to real life. But, to be honest what ever the heart desires is my answer!

Au revoir, until next time.
Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment